Tag Archives: Cardinal Albani

In Casanova’s Footsteps: Rome–Villa Albani-Torlonia

To the east of the Tiber, outside the old city walls, past the Villa Borghese, lies the Villa Albani-Torlonia, known in Casanova’s era as simply the Villa Albani. Cardinal Alessandro Albani had it built, beginning in 1747, by architect Carlo … Continue reading

Posted in Casanova, Italian heritage, Rome | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments