For you lovers of Casanova, or Venice, or Seductive Venice, it’s time for another quiz! I included a quiz in my book and on a previous blog and also at my presentations–so why not have another? And I’m offering a prize this time. Email me the five correct answers with the subject line “Quiz #2” to email@example.com. I’ll take all the correct responses and draw a winner, who will receive a copy of Venice Is a Fish by Tiziano Scarpa. (I have a spare copy and thought I’d share it with a lucky winner!)
Here you go:
1. True or False: Casanova’s lover M.M. didn’t learn his name until months after they had commenced their affair.
2. How long did Casanova stay at the seminary of San Cipriano di Murano?
3. What Greek classic did Casanova translate?
4. What was the name of Casanova’s dog at the end of his life, which, coincidentally, was also the name of the cat that was killed when the Campanile of Venice collapsed in 1902?
5. What degree did Casanova earn from his studies in Padua?
Good luck! Contest closes June 9 at midnight California time.
Here’s the Guardian’s review of Venice Is a Fish (though the copy I’ll send you has the American cover).